I love fresh coffee for me it is one of the many wonders of the world.
If you have not yet tried truly fresh roasted coffee you have not tasted coffee yet!
Although a French press / cafetière will produce a wonderful cup of coffee it can be a bit hit and miss if you do not get your timing right. You also need to have a selection of french presses / cafetière’s as you need the right size for the amount of coffee you want.
Drip coffee / filter coffee is a little more forgiving.
What you need
A drip coffee machine / filter holder
The correct size filter
Medium coffee grinds
Hotter from a kettle
- To start you need to get some freshly roasted coffee beans.
- You will now need to put 12g into you burr coffee grinder and set the grind to medium.
- Grind your beans
- Now you will need to find yourself a nice cup / mug
- Boil the kettle and swill some hot water around your cup and discard the water.
- Place your coffee drip on top of your cup.
- Place a filter into the coffee drip.
- Add your medium ground coffee
- Add hot water – not boiling – leave boiled water to stand for 1minute before using. Pour slowly over the coffee grinds starting in the middle and swirling outwards I till all the grounds are covered with water.
- Let the water drip through this will take around 30secs.
- Once water has dripped through repeat step 9 – this time the coffee grounds will have swollen a little and it will probably take about 1 min to go through.
- Again wait for the water to drip through and repeat step 11 this time filling the coffee drip and leave to drip through.
- The whole process should take around 4mins
- Remove the coffee drip and discard the filter and grounds.
- Enjoy you drink.
Looking for some fantastic freshly roasted coffee for your drip coffee maker. Click below